Ange's Super Green Smoothie
A very healthy and delicious smoothie!
- 3 to 4 leaves of organic kale, or
- 1 to 2 cups of baby spinach
- 2 to 3 cups of water*
- 1 tbsp of whole flaxseeds or omega fibre
- 1 to 2 tsp of Chia seeds
- 1 scoop of Shake It Vanilla powder
- ½ cup of organic blueberries, frozen or fresh
- ¼ cup of additional fruit or vegetables, e.g. kiwi fruit, cucumber, celery, etc.
- Place kale (or spinach if using) with 2 cups of water or chosen milk substitute into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add all the other ingredients and blend again until combined thoroughly, adding more water (or milk substitute) until your preferred consistency is reached.
- Serve and enjoy.
Tip: for the smoothest texture a high-speed blender is ideal.
*Variation: swap some or all of the water with unsweetened coconut water, almond milk or rice milk.
Thank you to Angela Smith at Melbourne Natural Medicine Clinic for this recipe.