- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 celeriac bulb, peeled and grated (approximately 400 g)
- Cracked pepper and sea salt to taste
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil, for frying
- Add beaten egg to the grated celeriac, season with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Heat the coconut oil in a heavy frying pan or skillet over a medium to high heat.
- Depending upon your preference you may either form individual smaller hash brown sized rösti, or you can fill your pan and make one large rösti (which can be divided into wedges to serve).
- Cook for approximately 10 to 20 minutes (well browned but not blackened on the bottom) before flipping.
- Cook for a further 10 to 15 minutes or until browned underneath.
- Serving options: rösti goes well with scrambled or poached eggs, bacon, tomato salsa, or roasted vegetables.