Eggs en Cocotte
- 1 pork and fennel sausage
- 1 tsp of olive oil, to grease ramekins
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ tsp of fresh thyme leaves
- 2 free range eggs
- Cracked pepper and sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and boil the sausage for 5 minutes, remove from the water, allow to cool and thinly slice.
- Lightly grease 2 small ramekins with olive oil.
- Divide sausage slices, tomato, mushroom and thyme between the ramekins. Crack an egg into each ramekin and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer ramekins into a baking dish and add hot water until the water comes half-way up the ramekin. Place into the middle of the oven and bake for 15 minutes for runny yolks.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!