Pesto Lamb Stuffed Capsicums
- 3 red capsicums
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 handfuls of lamb mince
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 tbsp of pine nuts
- 1 bunch of basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp of fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- Cracked pepper and sea salt to taste
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the tops off the capsicums and remove the membranes and seeds. Stand the capsicums upright in a baking dish.
- Fry the onions, garlic and lamb mince in olive oil until the meat is well cooked.
- Combine the meat mixture with the pine nuts, basil and tomato and divide into three.
- Stuff the capsicums with this mixture and sprinkle parmesan cheese on the top.
- Bake the stuffed capsicums for approximately 40 minutes or until the capsicums are cooked through.