Asian Chicken Soup
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- ½ tsp of sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 lemongrass stem, white part only, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 cm cube of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 handful of spring onions, chopped
- 1 litre of chicken stock
- 1 ½ tbsp of fish sauce
- 2 tbsp of lime juice
- 1 tsp of Splenda® or Nativa™ (optional)
- Sea salt to taste
- 4 palm-sized portions of chicken breast, finely sliced
- 4 handfuls of mushrooms, sliced
- 4 handfuls of bok choy (stems and leaves), sliced
- 4 handfuls of red capsicum, sliced
- ½ handful of coriander leaves, chopped
- 8 basil leaves, chopped
- Heat olive oil and sesame oil in a heavy bottomed soup pot.
- Add garlic, chilli, lemongrass, ginger and spring onions and fry until fragrant (almost browning).
- Add chicken stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, and add fish sauce, lime juice, sweetener and salt to taste.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms and simmer until almost cooked (approximately 5 minutes).
- Add bok choy stems and capsicum and simmer until tender (approximately 2 minutes). Remove from heat, add bok choy leaves, coriander and basil. Stir well and serve into large soup bowls.