- 3 palm-sized portions of chicken legs
- 1 small chilli, deseeded if required depending upon personal taste
- 1 small onion, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tsp of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tsp of fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp of tamari or soy sauce
- 1 to 2 tbsp of fresh lime juice to taste
- Cracked pepper and sea salt to taste
- Add marinade ingredients to a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Coat chicken portions in the jerk marinade mixture and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Heat a BBQ and cook the chicken, turning frequently to ensure that they are cooked thoroughly on all sides. If available, closing the hood on the BBQ during cooking will speed the cooking process and encourage the flavours to develop.
- Serve with your choice of recommended vegetable side dish.