Kale and Passata-Baked Chicken Thighs
- 6 palm-sized chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil, plus a little extra to grease the baking dish
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tsp of ground paprika
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 bottle of passata
- 1 bunch of kale, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp of sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a medium to large, deep baking dish with coconut oil and lay the 6 chicken thighs flat, side-by-side.
- Combine garlic, paprika and cumin in a small bowl with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to create a seasoned marinade.
- Pour or paint the marinade onto the chicken thighs until nicely coated on the top side.
- Pour the whole bottle of passata over the chicken thighs to evenly cover.
- Sprinkle the chopped kale over the top of the chicken.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of coconut oil over the kale, then sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.