No Burrito Turkey Burritos
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1 capsicum
- 2 tsp of sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp of ground cumin
- ½ tsp of ground coriander
- ½ tsp of ground paprika
- 400 g turkey mince
- 1 tsp of dried oregano leaves
- Cracked pepper and salt to taste
- 1 large avocado
- ¼ cup of fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tomato, diced
- ¼ Spanish onion, finely diced
- Iceberg lettuce leaves, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Rub 1 teaspoon of olive oil over the whole capsicum, place on a baking tray and roast for approximately 25 minutes.
- Place hot capsicum in a bowl, cover with cling wrap and let the capsicum sweat. When cool enough to handle, peel skin away from the flesh, remove the seeds and slice into 1 cm slices. Set aside.
- Next, heat a fry pan over a medium heat and add 2 teaspoons of sesame oil along with the garlic. Brown the garlic a little before adding the cumin, coriander and paprika.
- Stir the spices together, then add the turkey mince to the pan and combine. Cook the turkey mince thoroughly before adding the oregano leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- While mince is browning, make a salsa by mashing the avocado in a bowl and mixing with coriander leaves, lemon juice, tomato and onion.
To serve: scoop some turkey mince mixture into a lettuce cup, top with salsa and roasted capsicum strips. Fold over to form a ‘burrito’ and enjoy.