Portuguese Chilli Chicken
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 small red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 bay leaves, ground
- ¼ tsp of paprika
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp of olive oil (for marinade)
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 palm-sized portions of chicken breast, chopped into large pieces
- 2 tsp of olive oil (for frying)
- Blend or crush all ingredients excluding chicken in a mortar and pestle or food processor.
- Marinate chicken in this mixture for at least 30 minutes, or overnight if desired.
- Fry chicken in olive oil until browned and cooked through.
- Serve with 3 handfuls of recommended vegetables or salad per serve.