South American Style Chicken Salsa
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tsp of tomato paste (no added sugar)
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Cracked pepper and sea salt to taste
- 1 tsp of dried onion flakes
- Sprinkling of Italian seasoning
- Olive oil for cooking
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 palm-sized portions of chicken breast, cut into thin bite size pieces
- 2 handfuls of mushrooms, finely sliced
- 4 handfuls of mixed broccoli florets and green capsicum, finely sliced
- Garnishing of fresh parsley, chopped
- To make salsa, mix together water, tomato paste, tabasco sauce, sea salt, pepper, onion flakes and Italian seasoning and and let stand.
- Coat frying pan with olive oil. Over moderate heat, add crushed garlic, chicken, mushrooms, broccoli and green capsicum. Keep mixing and tossing until chicken is browned then add tomato salsa mixture, stirring well until evenly mixed through.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle over with parsley.