Korean Chicken Salad
- 2 palm-sized portions of chicken breast
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- ¼ tsp of ground ginger
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 handfuls of lettuce, shredded
- 1 handful of cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 handful of capsicum, thinly sliced
- ½ handful of red onion, chopped
- ½ handful of snow peas
- 1 handful of bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp of slivered almonds, toasted and salted
- 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, toasted
- ½ tsp of dry mustard
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of Tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 4 tsp of lemon juice
- Cut chicken breast in half.
- Combine marinade ingredients and thoroughly coat chicken pieces.
- Place chicken in shallow roasting pan, pour remainder of marinade over the top and cook uncovered at 200°C for 15 to 20 minutes, turning at half time.
- Cool cooked chicken and cut into thin strips.
- Prepare salad vegetables and place in large bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients and just before serving toss the chicken, salad and dressing with sesame seeds and slivered almonds.