Pear, Walnut, Feta and Chicken Salad
- 3 handfuls of salad greens, e.g. rocket, lettuce, spinach or baby kale
- 2 sticks of celery, sliced
- ½ red onion, quartered and finely sliced
- ½ small pear, cored and finely sliced
- ¼ cup of walnuts
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tsps of balsamic vinegar
- 50 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 palm-sized portions of chicken, cooked and shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the salad greens, celery, onion, pear and walnuts (or seeds) into a serving bowl.
- Add olive oil and balsamic and toss together to combine.
- Divide between two plates and sprinkle feta cheese over the top. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Variation: replace some or all of the walnuts with sunflower or pumpkin seeds