Roasted Beet Salad with Dill Horseradish Vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp of fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp of fresh horseradish, grated
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Cracked pepper and sea salt to taste
- 1 large beetroot, roasted, skinned and chopped into even pieces
- ½ cup of goat’s cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup of hazelnuts, chopped
- To make the vinaigrette, start by combining the dill, parsley and horseradish in a large jar and blending with a stick blender.
- Place the vinegar, Dijon mustard and olive oil into a large bowl and whisk or blend together to form an emulsion. Stir the herb mixture into the emulsion and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set vinaigrette aside.
- Place the beetroot into a bowl. Toss a little dill-horseradish vinaigrette through the beet pieces then divide between two plates. Add the crumbled goat’s cheese and hazelnuts, and drizzle over a little more vinaigrette to taste.