Roasted Red Onion and Rump Steak Salad
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 ½ tbsp of olive oil
- 2 palm-sized portions of rump steak
- 2 handfuls of mixed salad greens, e.g. rocket, mescalin, spinach or baby kale
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp of capers
- 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- ½ avocado, sliced (Optional)
- Cracked pepper and sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Toss the onions in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, lay onto baking paper and roast for 10 to 15 mins or until soft, then set aside.
- Sear the rump steak on both sides on a very hot pan, then place into the oven for 5 to 10 minutes for medium steak.
- While the steak is cooking, place the salad greens, red onions, tomatoes and capers into a bowl with the avocado if using.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, the balsamic vinegar, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss together to combine and arrange onto two serving plates.
- Slice steak when cooked to your liking, and arrange over the salad. Enjoy!