Tuscan Kale Caesar Slaw
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 tsp of Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice
- ½ tbsp of olive oil
- 1 hard-boiled egg, shelled
- 2 handfuls of kale leaves, roughly torn
- Cracked pepper and sea salt to taste
- Combine the garlic, anchovy, mustard and lemon juice in a blender to form a smooth puree. Then, whilst the blender is still running, slowly add the olive oil drop by drop, to make a creamy dressing. Transfer the dressing to a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Separate the cooked egg white from the yolk. Place the egg white into a coarse-mesh strainer set over a bowl. Press the egg through the strainer with the back of a spoon and collect in a bowl. Repeat with the egg yolk, using a clean strainer and bowl. Set aside.
- Toss the torn kale leaves with the dressing in a large serving bowl until coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper and top with the sieved eggs.