BBQ Spanish Style Stuffed Squid
- 2 to 4 tsp of olive oil
- ½ cup of fennel bulb, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200 g pork mince
- ½ cup of zucchini, grated
- 1 tsp of ground sweet paprika
- 1 tsp of ground smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp of chilli powder
- ¼ tsp of ground oregano
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 large or 4 small squid hoods, cleaned
- In a warm pan add 2 teaspoons of olive oil along with the grated fennel bulb and crushed garlic.
- Stir until the garlic browns, then add the pork mince, zucchini, spices, seasoning and cook until browned.
- Add 1/4 cup of water, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until soft. Set the mixture aside until it is cool to touch.
- Once cooled, stuff the pork mixture into the squid hoods and seal the ends with bamboo skewers or toothpicks. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat the BBQ, add a little olive oil and cook squid hoods for approximately 4 minutes each side or until done, then remove from heat.
- When cooled enough to handle, slice cooked squid into 1.5 cm slices and serve.
- Serve with Orange and Fennel Salad (see salad recipes).