Baked Fish with Toasted Almonds
Delicate, nutty pastry provides a perfect backdrop to the creamy filling of this mouthwatering meat-free main course...
- 2 palm-sized portions of white fish
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- ½ handful of onions, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup of vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp of fresh marjoram
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 handfuls each of green beans, broccoli florets, zucchini
- 1 tsp of slivered almonds
- Clean, wash and dry fish.
- Coat shallow casserole dish with olive oil. Add garlic and onion and fry gently until onion is soft and golden.
- Place the fish on top of the onion mixture, pour over vegetable stock then sprinkle with parsley, marjoram and sea salt.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200°C until cooked (up to 25 minutes), baste a few times.
- Steam green vegetables until tender and strain. In a frying pan, lightly toast slivered almonds until golden, put aside to cool.
- Serve fish garnished with toasted slivered almonds and green vegetables.