Salmon and Lemon Mini Fish Cakes
- 6 squash, grated
- 180 g smoked salmon, roughly chopped, plus a little extra to serve
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of parsley, chopped, plus a few extra sprigs to garnish
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Grated zest and juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 tbsp of gluten-free flour, mixed with 1 tsp of coarsely ground pepper
- Olive or rice bran oil for frying
- Place the grated squash, chopped salmon, egg and parsley in a bowl. Season with olive oil, lemon zest and juice to taste, and mix until the ingredients are well combined.
- Shape mixture into small rounds, approximately 3 cm wide and 1 cm deep to form little cakes. Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Dust each cake with the peppered flour, then fry over a low heat in a little oil for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until cooked and golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve the fish-cakes garnished with a little extra salmon and parsley, and with two handfuls of salad vegetables from the recommended list.
- One serve is 3 to 4 fish cakes depending upon size.