8 to 10
- 1 bunch of kale, or cavolo nero
- 20 mL of olive oil (or enough to coat kale)
- 20 mL of salt reduced tamari
- 2 tbsp of sesame seeds, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 130°C.
- Wash the kale thoroughly and dry completely.
- Shred the kale into small enough pieces that when laid onto a baking tray they will lie flat.
- Combine the olive oil and tamari, then mix through the kale until completely coated. Spread the coated kale onto a baking paper-lined tray in a single layer.
- Place the kale into the oven and bake until dried out.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds while still hot from the oven and allow the kale chips to cool on the baking tray.
- Store in an airtight container to stay crisp.
To serve: have 1 handful of kale chips with a 3 finger portion of recommended nuts as a snack.