Coconut Crumbed Tofu
- 1 packet of firm tofu (approximately 500 g)
- 1 packet of shredded coconut
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 1 bag of mixed leafy green salad, washed
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, washed and halved
- 1 to 2 wedges of fresh lemon
- Slice the tofu into 1 cm thick rectangular slices.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut onto a plate.
- Whisk the egg and dip one slice of tofu first in the beaten egg and then coat tofu in shredded coconut. Repeat with the remaining slices of tofu.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan and cook the tofu slices for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until they are golden brown.
- Remove and place onto a paper towel to dry off any excess oil.
- Place salad greens onto a serving platter.
- Arrange halved cherry tomatoes and coconut tofu slices on top of the green salad.
- Drizzle over 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and a squeeze of lemon as a dressing. Enjoy!