Creamy Miso Soup with Tofu
- 500 mL vegetable stock
- 6 cm stick kombu (or wakame), cut into thin strips with scissors
- 2 palm-sized portions of firm tofu
- 1 handful of shallots, chopped
- 1 tsp of miso paste
- 1 tbsp of tahini
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of tamari
- 1 tbsp of water
- In a large saucepan add the vegetable stock and kombu (or wakame) and simmer until kombu expands. Add the tofu and shallots and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix in miso paste, and bring back to a simmer (do not overheat) then remove from heat.
- In a jar mix the tahini, lemon juice, tamari and 1 tablespoon of water. Serve miso soup into bowls then mix in 1 tablespoon of tahini mix.
- Serve with 3 handfuls of steamed vegetables such as broccoli, green beans and/or bok choy dressed with a drizzle of sesame oil and tamari.