Vietnamese Egg Roll
- 2 medium sized eggs
- ½ tbsp of olive oil
- 2garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small chilli, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp of tamari sauce
- 2 tsp of lime juice
- 5 mint leaves, sliced
- 5 basil leaves, sliced
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- 3 lettuce leaves, washed and finely sliced
- ¼ cup of bean sprouts
- Break eggs into a cup and whisk.
- Heat half of the oil in a pan and gently fry the garlic and chilli to infuse the oil with their flavour. Add the cooked garlic and chilli to the tamari sauce, along with the lime and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a small fry pan. Add the whisked egg, making sure it is evenly spread across the base to form a pancake. Cook egg until set and place aside on a plate.
- Combine the herbs, avocado, lettuce and bean sprouts in a bowl. Fill egg roll wrapper diagonally, add some tamari sauce mixture and fold (see below).
- Fold one side over the filling to start, then bring in the two ends to form an envelope before rolling the wrap up to form a tube.