BBQ Swordfish and Bay Leaf Skewers
- 200 g swordfish
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Cut swordfish into 3 cm square cubes. Season with sea salt and pepper, add olive oil and garlic and marinate for 1 hour.
- During this time soak the wooden skewers if using, to prevent them from burning on the BBQ.
- Cut fresh bay leaves into squares approximately the same size as the swordfish cubes, then thread swordfish cubes and bay leaves onto skewers, finishing each skewer with a lime wedge.
- Heat the BBQ and cook swordfish skewers for approximately 2 minutes each side or until just cooked.
- Remove and rest for 5 minutes then squeeze the lime wedge so that the juice runs down the skewer and over the swordfish.
- Serve the skewers with 3 handfuls of salad vegetables from the recommended list, per serve.