1-Minute Mug Muffin
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of almond meal
- A pinch of bicarbonate of soda
- A small splash of coconut cream or unsweetened soy milk
- Whisk the egg in a mug.
- Add all the base ingredients along with any optional variations. Mix well.
- Microwave for 1 minute, or 1.5 mins if frozen berries are used.
To serve: tip upside down onto a serving plate.
Add these optional ingredients to the base mix for a sweet muffin:
- ¼ tsp of vanilla essence
- ¼ cup of frozen raspberries, or other fruit and/or nuts from the "recommended" list, a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Optional: 5 to 10 drops of stevia to taste.
Add these optional ingredients to the base mix for a savoury muffin:
- Small handful of spinach, grated zucchini and ricotta cheese combined